The involvement of a development officer in your project, whether you intend to subdivide, amalgamate, annex parcels of land or simply create new lots, is just as crucial as that of a surveyor. The development officer oversees compliance with the applicable legislation of various government agencies to ensure that your project is feasible and meets all legal requirements.
Steps in planning your subdivision
- Define a specific project
- Contact a surveyor to conduct the ground survey required to complete the application
- Contact the development officer with the tentative plan to allow for review of the proposal
- Amend the application if necessary
- Submit the official application to the appropriate authorities
- Register documents and maps at the county land registry office
The development officer is pleased to provide advice to an owner at any point in the process to ensure they have the proper information and to help save time and energy.